So Covid is not going to stop our boys from continuing to complete their training days and achieve yet more strings to their bows !
Ilie and Darren are both working towards their SSSTS today. Sadly this is all online but they are still eager to get this course under their belts, along with their other safety qualifications to make them super supervisors !!!
The CITB course includes the following elements:
- An introduction into health and safety on site, as well as welfare and environmental issues that those in a supervisory role must be aware of. This also includes the legal responsibilities that are relevant to supervisors whilst safely managing a construction site
- What is expected of site supervisors, including occupational health issues that arise within the construction sector
- An understanding of how health and safety law is structured, and how the role of a supervisor links in with the role of a site manager when controlling site safety
- Risk assessments – how to carry these out and why method statements are a legal requirement
- Fire prevention and control, control of hazardous substances, CDM (Construction Design Management) Regulations, Working at Height, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), manual handling, accidents and first aid
- How to carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understanding the need for proactive and reactive monitoring
The SSSTS course is an ideal foundation for attaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibilities for junior management.
Good luck boys !